Article was added on Thursday, November 24, 2016
Santee Electric Cooperative would like to wish everyone a very
happy Thanksgiving! Please keep these safety tips in mind while
cooking your dinner!
- Never leave anything cooking on the stovetop unattended.
- When cooking your turkey, make sure someone is always in the
house. Also, remember to check your turkey frequently while it is
- As the kitchen becomes the gathering area for family and
friends, be certain that children are watched carefully and kept at
least 3 feet away from the hot stove.
- As food gets hot it becomes very dangerous. Steam or a splash
from vegetables, gravy or other hot liquids will cause serious
- Keep the floor of the kitchen from becoming a tripping hazard
by keeping toys, pocketbooks and bags off of the floor.
- Don't leave knives within the reach of children.
- Make sure that all electric cords are not left dangling off the
counter within easy reach of children.
- Keep matches and lighters stored safely away from children
locked in a high cabinet.
- Make sure your smoke alarms and detectors work properly. Also
please remember, most cooking fires in the home involve the
stovetop and the leading cause of these fires is unattended
<< Back to the News and Press Listing