Job Opening - External Project Engineer – Engineering Services
Article was added on Friday, January 11, 2019
To manage all projects assigned in an efficient and
cost-effective manner as well as assisting in all engineering
related functions performed by both in-house employees and
contractors. This position is responsible for projects associated
with Engineering Planning and the coordination of engineering
services for the electrical distribution system to properly serve
and maintain new and existing loads consistent with cooperative
goals and objectives and in compliance with applicable local, state
and federal codes, specifications and standard engineering
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that design and reliability of electric service to
consumers on projects assigned meet applicable safety and
- Perform long-range planning and construction work plans as well
as O&M inspections.
- Ensures construction units and continuing property records
(CPR) are accurate on assigned projects, that job costs are
properly coded in the accounting system, that costs are allocated
as outlined in RUS guidelines and verifies invoices from
contractors and consultants.
- Manages design and construction of special projects assigned,
e.g., subdivisions, large industrial services, lighting proposals,
and road jobs
- Utilizes the Cooperative's engineering analysis model for
system planning purposes.
- Assist with the cooperative's pole inspection and treatment
- Manages the cooperative's joint-use program.
- Provides necessary technical assistance and advice to
Operations and Engineering Departments.
- Responsible for setting standards and guidelines for material
purchases of the Cooperative's distribution equipment.
- Regularly perform field work in external conditions on assigned
projects as well as during emergency related power
- This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be
all-inclusive and can be expanded to include other duties or
responsibilities that management deems necessary.
Must have a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from an
ABET accredited school with the ability to attain a professional
engineer's license. Five years related work experience is
expected to be proficient in the position. Must be self-
motivated with strong technical skills to include administrative,
interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Must be able to
carry up to 20 pounds. Must be able to work in extreme
temperatures (0 to 100 degrees F), in ice, snow, rain, sun,
etc. Must be able to walk a mile over uneven terrain, jump
ditches, and any other requirement associated with power line
If interested, please contact Kimberly Burke at the SCWorks
office - email@example.com
for the requirements and completion of the application or go to www.scworks.org - job order #
job order closes at SCWorks on 1/30/2019.
Job Value $44.27
<< Back to the News and Press Listing