Article was added on Wednesday, July 17, 2019
Position Title: Accountant
The accountant is responsible for applying accepted accounting
principles and procedures to analyze financial information and to
prepare accurate and timely reports. More overly the accountant
supports and contributes to the management of the general ledger
and audit compliance. Additionally, the accountant manages
the cooperative's record retention process.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organizes imaging system and ensures that all documents are
scanned and filed, while maintaining a checklist for all documents
scanned. Receives contracts for imaging, files the original and
keeps a contract listing of all contracts.
- Prepares journal entries and routine journal entries.
Ensures accurate entry into the general ledger and ensures general
ledger is properly maintained.
- Serves as backup for Cost Accounting Manager
- Assist with gathering of data for FEMA and SCEMD after a
disaster, ensuring SEC is reimbursed what they are entitled to
receive. Also make sure the plant addition and retirements
- Prepares entries to comply with Cooperative Unclaimed Property
by voiding any stale dated checks each month and recording in the
general ledger account (Unclaimed Property). Letters are sent to
customers each month in order to attempt to refund amounts to
individuals before the money is sent to the State Treasurer
- Assists with managing the Cooperative Cash Management Program
and serves as cooperative's supplemental contact with all
- Manages all necessary Certificates of Insurance and works with
departments in obtaining certificates.
- Works with and assists the Accounting Analyst with the annual
allocation of margins, retirement of Capital Credits, and
disbursement of checks
- Maintains and balances the petty cash. Reviews petty cash
in all offices and ensures compliance with proper
- Oversees the office supply ordering and manages vending machine
- Manages petition verification of persons running for Board of
- Acts as backup for Accounts Payable
- Participates in safety meetings, training programs and annual
meeting as required.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be
all-inclusive and can be expanded to include other duties or
responsibilities that management deems necessary.
Position requires a bachelor's degree in accounting or
equivalent, from accredited university. Strong verbal, written and
presentation skills. Applicant must be self-motivated with skills
to include administrative, interpersonal, leadership and
organizational skills. Must have strong analytical skills. Four
years' experience in cooperative accounting, FERC, GAAP, and FASB
regulations preferred. Must be proficient in Microsoft offices
products to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Credit Check Required
If interested, please contact Jared Denz at the SCWorks office -
the requirements and completion of the application or go to www.scworks.org.
This job order closes at
SCWorks on 8/14/19/2019.
Job Minimum: $28.32/hr.
Job Value: $34.97/hr.
<< Back to the News and Press Listing