We are thankful for our employees. We take pride in the fact that we employ only the best and brightest in our industry. If you are interested in joining our team, then please look below at our Career Opportunities Listing. If there are no opportunities in the list, we currently have no available positions open.
Santee Electric Cooperative provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or pregnancy, childbirth, medical needs arising from pregnancy or childbirth, medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth, including, but not limited to, lactation in accordance with applicable federal laws. In addition, the organization complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, discipline, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Here at Santee Electric Cooperative, we are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harrassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
Position Objective: To utilize creativity and various forms of mass communication and community involvement to effectively communicate the Cooperative message and depict a positive public image. To promote the Cooperative’s products and services consistent with the core values of the Cooperative. To serve as the primary internal and external contact for all aspects of community and media relations.
- A bachelor’s (or higher) degree in communications, marketing, journalism, public relations, or another related business field from an appropriately-accredited school (example: a marketing degree from a business school accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business – AACSB) is required.
- Candidates must have demonstrable experience in printed and electronic publications, social media, web page design, and other media.
- Candidates must be great communicators including public speaking ability and a confident presence in front of a camera.
- Candidates must have impeccable skills in spelling, grammar, writing, and paying attention to detail.
- Candidates must be able to do the following on behalf of the Cooperative during and outside of normal working hours:
- attend functions
- speak and respond to the membership and media relations regarding issues important to Santee Electric
- Must be able to manage a fairly large budget, deal with vendors, and manage the logistical aspects of obtaining promotion items on behalf of the Cooperative
- Audio-visual technology experience is preferred.
- Event planning experience is preferred.
The selection process:
- Candidates will be required to submit evidence of their body of work to demonstrate experience required above.
- The spelling, writing, and grammar abilities of candidates will be assessed as part of the interview process.
- Candidates will be required to give a presentation to demonstrate their communication skills.
This position has a 6-month probation period.
Please email Cheryl Wrenn at email@example.com for application by June 18, 2021.
Job Value: $79,000.00 annually