We are thankful for our employees. We take pride in the fact that we employ only the best and brightest in our industry. If you are interested in joining our team, then please look below at our Career Opportunities Listing. If there are no opportunities in the list, we currently have no available positions open.
Santee Electric Cooperative provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or pregnancy, childbirth, medical needs arising from pregnancy or childbirth, medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth, including, but not limited to, lactation in accordance with applicable federal laws. In addition, the organization complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, discipline, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Here at Santee Electric Cooperative, we are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harrassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
Position Title: Accountant
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organizes imaging system and ensures that all documents are scanned and filed, while maintaining a checklist for all documents scanned. Receives contracts for imaging, files the original and keeps a contract listing of all contracts.
- Manages all necessary Certificates of Insurance and works with all departments in obtaining certificates.
- Oversees the office supply ordering and manages vending machine contract.
- Acts as backup for Accounts Payable.
- Acts as backup for Cost Accounting Manager.
- Assists with gathering of data for FEMA and SCEMD after a disaster, ensuring SEC is reimbursed what they are entitled to receive. Also responsible for making sure the plant additions and retirements are completed.
- Performs periodic audits on cashiers as well as petty cash and change drawers to ensure compliance with proper accounting and money control practices.
- Accountable for other key accounting areas including balancing and reconciling cooperative bank accounts. During the bank reconciliation process, balance each type of payment processed.
- Prepares entries to comply with Cooperative Unclaimed Property by voiding any stale dated checks each month and recording in the general ledger account (Unclaimed Property). Letters are sent to customers each month in order to attempt to refund amounts to individuals before the money is sent to the State Treasurer.
- Works with and assists the Accounting Analyst with the annual allocation of margins, retirement of Capital Credits, and disbursement of checks.
- This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and can be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management deems necessary.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent, from an AACSB accredited university. Four years of experience in cooperative accounting, FERC, GAAP, and FASB regulations preferred. Strong verbal, written and presentation skills. Applicant must be self-motivated with skills to include administrative, interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills. Must have strong analytical skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft offices products to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Credit Check is required.
If interested, please contact the SCWorks office – SCWorksWaccamaw@dew.sc.gov for the requirements and completion of the application. This job order closes at SCWorks on 09/24/2021.
Minimum: $ 29.48/ hr.