We are thankful for our employees. We take pride in the fact that we employ only the best and brightest in our industry. If you are interested in joining our team, then please look below at our Career Opportunities Listing. If there are no opportunities in the list, we currently have no available positions open.
Santee Electric Cooperative provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or pregnancy, childbirth, medical needs arising from pregnancy or childbirth, medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth, including, but not limited to, lactation in accordance with applicable federal laws. In addition, the organization complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, discipline, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Here at Santee Electric Cooperative, we are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harrassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
Distribution Engineering Specialist (DISPATCHER) –Night Shift Position
Santee Electric Cooperative, Inc. – Kingstree Office – 1 position open
Actively manage and coordinate all communications with various internal personnel, external groups and organizations, and member owners to ensure the efficient and safe delivery of all field services.
A Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Plan, direct, and coordinate field operations, including service requests and service restoration
- Maintain accurate electronic records and files
- Monitor facilities and properties to ensure efficiencies and to identify breaches and security risks
- Assist in providing member services
Qualification and Skill Requirements:
- Skill and knowledge normally acquired through an associate degree with a minimum of three years of work experience in a technical area
- Sense of urgency with a strong ability to multitask under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Well-developed oral and written communication ability
- Ability to exercise good judgement and think critically to solve problems
- Ability to positively and professionally interact with both internal and external entities
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Excel and Word experience)
- Knowledge of geographical area as well as an ability to read maps
- Knowledge in SCADA and GIS preferred
- Ability to work night Shift, including weekends, holidays, and occasional overtime
- Comfortable working independently and in a team environment
This position has a 6-month probation period.
If interested, please contact the SCWorks office – SCWorksWaccamaw@dew.sc.gov for the requirements and completion of the application. This job order closes at SCWorks on 12/08/2021.
Job opening closes on Dec. 08, 2021.
Minimum: $ 22.79/ hr.