Job Opening - External
To manage all projects assigned in an efficient and cost-effective manner as well as assisting in all engineering related functions performed by both in-house employees and contractors. This position is responsible for projects associated with Engineering Planning and the coordination of engineering services for the electrical distribution system to properly serve and maintain new and existing loads consistent with cooperative goals and objectives and in compliance with applicable local, state and federal codes, specifications and standard engineering practices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that design and reliability of electric service to consumers on projects assigned meet applicable safety and engineering codes.
- Ensures construction units and continuing property records (CPR) are accurate on assigned projects, that job costs are properly coded in the accounting system, that costs are allocated as outlined in RUS guidelines and verifies invoices from contractors and consultants.
- Manages the planning, design and construction of special projects assigned, e.g., substations, subdivisions, large industrial services, lighting proposals, and road jobs
- Utilizes the Cooperative’s engineering analysis model for system planning purposes such as construction work plans and sectionalizing studies.
- Assist with the cooperative’s pole inspection and joint use program.
- Manage the cooperative’s Solar and DER interconnection process and interconnection standards.
- Provides necessary technical assistance and advice to Operations and Engineering Departments.
- Responsible for setting standards and guidelines for material purchases of the Cooperative’s distribution equipment.
- Regularly perform field work in external conditions on assigned projects as well as during emergency related power restoration.
- Assists in all aspects of system metering as well as the supervision of contractor testing of meter installations.
- Assists in the management of the Cooperative’s system inspection & hazard recognition programs as well as maintenance of underground and overhead lines.
- This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and can be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management deems necessary.
Must have a bachelor’s degree in engineering from an ABET accredited school with the ability to attain a professional engineer’s license. An electrical engineering degree is preferred. Five years related work experience is expected to be proficient in the position. Must be self- motivated with strong technical skills to include administrative, interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Must be able to carry up to 20 pounds. Must be able to work in extreme temperatures (0 to 100 degrees F), in ice, snow, rain, sun, etc. Must be able to walk a mile over uneven terrain, jump ditches, and any other requirement associated with power line staking.
If interested, please contact the SCWorks office – SCWorksWaccamaw@dew.sc.gov for the requirements and completion of the application. This job order closes at SCWorks on 12/31/2020.
Job Value $45.23